Friday, November 6, 2009

It’s the 5th of November in Kyoto, Japan...We had another amazing breakfast at Japanese Denny’s I had french toast again with liquefied kiwi that was awesome! Okay it was weird, but it tasted just like kiwi without the mess of having to chew ;-)...We decided to go to electric town again to return Eli’s camera.
After going back to electric town (Akihbara) we went to Asakusa a bit of a tourist trap, but very beautiful. There were lots of shrines and artful buildings. We got off the train with some students in uniform and they all stopped at this small statue to drop money in and rub his head, we think it’s good luck for exams. Anyhow that’s why there are tons of pictures with us rubbing a very smooth head :-p.
There was also a water fountain that we performed sort of a ritual at. It’s a very large fountain with water shooting out of dragons mouths, along the sides are cups attached to long sticks, you take on of the sticks and fill the cup with water from the dragons mouth, then place a little water in one hand and then the other and another dollop in your right hand that you drink. I think it’s a suppose to be cleansing, but who knows...After that we took some very nice pictures at a shrine garden all the beautiful foliage mixed as always with a lot of technology, that you could see just over the tree tops. Also saw some very large coi fish (may not be spelled right, feel free to correct). We left there around 2:30 or so to grab our luggage from the hostel and catch our train to Kyoto...
We left Tokyo station at 4:15 on a two hour bullet train which I slept through so no pictures :-( sorry guys.
After finding two taxis to take all seven of us to our house in Kyoto, we found our drivers didn’t know where we were suppose to be. So fun adventure, learning experience, slightly annoying and not to bad if we just breath and let go :-). Here we are in our Japanese style guest finally got to take my shoes off lol and am walking around in my socks, we have slippers, but I don’t know, too much work I guess :-p. We’re all very tired here and my computer won’t get internet access, so I don’t think I’ll be able to update very much, at least not with pictures :-(...I miss you all so much, I think sleep sounds wonderful right now, but mostly I need some alone time. I’m starting to understand why the Japanese grab every moment of privacy on the buses, trains, going from point A. to point B.
Goodnight yall,
Hannah.




French toast! at Japanese Denny's

KIWI! That you drink...
Money, Yen, whatever is pays for food (and other things I'm told)

Leaving the Sakura Hotel

Yoshinoya Japanese fast food

Electric town (Akihabara)

Sarah rubbing the statue for good luck

Eli doing the same

There is a picture of me doing this, but as it is my blog I have the right not to post terrible pictures of myself :-p

Asakusa
Giant shoe on building and Rachel the photographer

Really cool!


Fountain cleansing ritual (we think)

Me doing said ritual (hopefully the correct way)

Me in front of Buddha
The gardens, a major reason I went on this trip

Coy pond

And then my Camera died :-( I'll upload more pictures later of Kyoto! :-)

1 comment:

Darleen said...

The pancake like food you had, it's called Okonomoyaki. I love it. It's a regional specialty.