Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Fushimi Inari Shrine and the waterfall

Fushimi Inari Shrine
The gates are all donated by businesses to give them good luck and wealth with they're company
We walked uphill to the top of the mountain going through these gates...
The top of the mountain or at least as far up as we could get...
David decided on our way back down that we should take the other path that lead us about 6 miles off course...It says 'this way to waterfall' which David thought would be cool :-p
After going down the steepest stone steps known to me for about 10 mins we came to a patch of trees and then...
The waterfall ladies and gentlemen the waterfall...
Thanks David for taking us so far off our path that we got to see a bamboo farm, which otherwise we would have missed :-)
The conveyor belt which the sushi comes down, and you grab what you want by opening the little glass door in front of you... I started with cucumbers and worked my way to...
Salmon sushi which was ok but didn't have as much flavor as the tuna
Tuna with wasabi and some kind of spicy mustard
My plates after all the sushi had gone...


Miss you guys, I have taken tons more pictures and were I not so in love with my environment right now you would be seeing much more. As is I need to go make breakfast and throw myself head first into this glorious adventure, not the internet ;-)...

Later,
Hannah.

1 comment:

Zenmomma said...

LOVE the "waterfall" and love the fact that you appreciated what you found instead.